Thursday 7 April 2011

Teens go gaga for Gaga

First of all, I would just like to talk about my interviewing experience for a little while. I interviewed the Jazz Band Director from LBJ, Mr. East. Band is one of my primary interests and it just made interviewing Mr. East even more fun. Getting a hold of Mr. East was difficult even if he does teach at the same school that I go to...It's difficult to get a hold of him mainly because he is always coming and leaving the school. When I had finally gotten a chance to interview Mr. East, the interview started a little awkward, but as we progressed through, the awkwardness slowly started going away. This whole process was actually pretty fun and I hope to do it again sometime in the future 

Secondly,
      My feature story is about the LBJ Jazz director and how he came to get his job at LBJ. My feature will be in a way, a sort of Biography of his musical life. Beginning from when he first started playing Piano as a child to now, where he performs at various places and still manages to teach and how he gets paid for doing something he truly loves to do.

Thirdly,
     Lady Gaga came into town yesterday (Wednesday April 6) and performed at the Frank Irwin Center. Isn't that pretty cool??? Although I was not able to attend the concert, I heard it was pretty awesome. As a matter of fact, I had completely forgotten she was going to perform here in Austin, until I realized late at night that the radio had been playing lots of songs by Lady Gaga. Born This Way being played about every 30 minutes or so along with some of her other top hits. It also helped that lots of people were posting it as there status on Facebook.

    What makes Lady Gage is pretty  much known for her wardrobe...and her very interesting...music videos. Each new video somehow manages to be even stranger then the last one that just came out. In my opinion, she's one of those artists' whose work is always being criticized, but I mean at least her songs in a way have messages in them and don't teach us about the week...shall I remind you about my "Friday" post?
That is in Fact Lady Gaga in an egg

-MP

1 comment: