Monday 11 April 2011

Feature Story Leads- ACM

  1. Lead #1 (Narrative)- Coach McNeil isn’t your average Geometry teacher. He’s far from it, actually. With 23 years of coaching experience, and many years of playing sports before that, sports have had a major influence in his life.
  2. Lead #2 (Descriptive)- As he looks at his football team playing out in the field, Coach McNeil gets a look in his eyes that shows his passion for sports and also shows that he loves doing what he does.
  3. Lead #3- “I spend part of my day, everyday, around sports, whether it be playing it or coaching it,” says Coach McNeil. “Honestly, I love sports. They allow you to learn things that you otherwise probably would have never learned.”

5 comments:

  1. I like the 3rd lead, the others were good but they didnt really pull me in. I liked all of them though :)
    -BJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should insert the third lead right after the first one, and make an awesome lead paragraph :)
    -RAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the third one it gives more incite than the others.
    -CLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the first one. Try to make it end with a question though. make the reader want to keep on reading. is there anything you found that was really interesting that you can do some foreshadowing for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 1st and 3rd ones the best. Mesh them together to make a really great lead. Include the quote establishing him as a coach, then slide in the fact that he is a Geo teacher too.

    Kathy H.

    ReplyDelete