Monday 11 April 2011

Miguel P. Leads

Descriptive:
He started out as an average child. He owned a piano that he occasionally liked to bang on. The banging slowly evolved into an interest in playing piano. As a teenager, his stepfather’s best friend had inspired him to learn saxophone, which opened up many doors. Who is this man? None other then the LBJ Jazz Band Director, Ponder East.

Compare and Contrast: Being in a musical family, one is automatically signed up to play instruments and have some sort of talent. For some this might be an age full of misery, but or Ponder East it was what got him to where he is now. From a young age he learned how to bang the keys of a piano and make it sound, to him, that the angels were singing. He was no child prodigy, of course, but living in the shadow of musically inclined parents and enjoying it led him on the path of his choice career now.

Direct Quote:Some people might ask, “why bother teaching?” Ponder East replies with “I have gotten to be creative in ways that I don't think I would be able to be in another environment”. Ponder East is a person who followed there dreams and became a Jazz director at LBJ High School.

4 comments:

  1. I like the first one. It sounds more interesting. I like the others too though :)
    -BJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the first one but you can probably mix the first one and the third one.
    CLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the first one. I think you could change the second sentence to " he owned a piano, which he occasionally liked to bang on." Other than that, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 2nd one. Its just really good. Use that one.

    Kathy H.

    ReplyDelete